2/3 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sour cream
For the frosting-
1/4 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
In a small bowl, mix well brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, sour cream and butter.
In a larger bowl, mix the salt, baking powder, flour and soda.
Combine the two mixtures.
Preheat oven to 350F.
On a baking pan, create 1 inch circles of the cookie dough.
Bake for 10 minutes.
For the frosting –
Browned Butter Frosting
In a skillet over a medium heat, combine the ingredients and stir constantly until getting a “steady” frosting.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, butter and shortening.
3. Add the eggs and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and salt until all combined and pour into butter/egg mixture.
5. Make rough balls, adding in a sprinkle of the course sugar
6. Put in the oven for 4 mins.
7. Carefully use an appropriate utensil to flatten cookies while in the oven.
8. Bake for 4 more mins.
9. Remove for cooling.
From Cody Kitchen Confections
Preheat oven to 200 degrees, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Stir together the Cinnamon & Sugar in a small bowl, then sprinkle half of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
Cut up the apple slices as thin as possible.
Arrange the slices on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining mixture on top.
Bake in oven for about 2 hours.