Creamy Parmesan Polenta
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup polenta or coarse ground cornmeal
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the chicken broth into a large saucepan and place over high heat.
- Season the broth with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil.
- While whisking, slowly pour the polenta into the broth a little at a time. Be sure not to add too much of the Polenta too soon or this will create lumps.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the polenta for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the ½ cup Parmesan, cayenne, butter, and more salt and pepper, if needed. Sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of Parmesan and pepper, then serve.