serves 2 (double ratio to make 4)
• 2 average sized chicken breasts
• 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
• 1/2 cup of cooked spinach (or defrost frozen spinach)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme).
• 1/2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
• Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pound the chicken breast flat, but not too thin.
3. Throw in pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper into a medium sized bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix the Cajon spices with the breadcrumbs.
5. Provide a serving of about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
6. Make rolls of each chicken breast firm and tie the rolled chicken with string or hold together with plenty of toothpicks.
7. Spread olive oil onto each chicken.
8. Add the Cajon seasoning on top.
9. Place a sheet of foil onto a tray and the lay chicken rolls with folded parts facing down onto the sheet.
10. Let the chicken cook through for 35 to 40 minutes.
11. Take out toothpicks or ties before serving.
12. Bon appetite!