Cinnamon-Spiced Iced Tea
Recipe type: Drinks
- 8 cups filtered water
- 2 (1-inch) cinnamon sticks
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 large or family sized black tea bags
- ¾ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 orange, sliced into 6 slices (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish (optional)
- Ice for serving
- Place the water, cinnamon sticks, and sugar in a large saucepan and place over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes to allow the cinnamon sticks to release their flavor.
- Remove the water from heat, add the tea bags, cover, and allow to steep for 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and discard.
- Pour the tea mixture into a 2-quart pitcher and stir in the orange and lemon juice.
- Chill the tea in the refrigerator until cold, about 2 hours.
- Pour over ice, garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired, then serve.