Roasted Habanero Salsa
Recipe type: Salads
- 9 plum tomatoes
- 2 Habanero peppers
- ½ red onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half the habanero peppers, remove stems and seeds.
- Line baking sheet with foil, place halved peppers on foil, and roast under broiler until slightly blackened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Finely dice roasted habaneros, tomatoes, garlic, and onions, place in large bowl.
- Wash and de-stem cilantro, chop finely, add to bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (lime juice, olive oil, and vinegar) to bowl.
- Mix together, salt and pepper to taste.