Flourless Chocolate Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1 cake (10 inch)
- 18 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Thoroughly grease one 10 inch round cake pan and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- In a large glass mixing bowl, melt the bittersweet chocolate in the microwave, about 2-3 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, add the butter into the melted chocolate, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan with boiling water halfway up the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake cake in the water bath at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Chill overnight in the pan. To remove from pan, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
- Top with powdered sugar.