Lamb Bahn Mi Burgers
Recipe type: Meat & Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs. ground lamb
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 full sized baguette, quartered and cut in half
- 2 tbs. softened butter
- 2 carrots, coarsely shredded
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbs. sugar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. Tapatio or Tabasco sauce
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup sliced, pickled jalapeños
- 12 sprigs of cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine rice vinegar and sugar in small bowl, add carrots, let sit for 10 minutes, then drain
- In a small bowl whisk together mayo, tomato paste, Tapatio, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Form the ground lamb into four 6-inch oval patties, season with curry powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat the vegetable oil, and cook the patties over medium heat, flipping once. About 12 minutes.
- Spread butter over the baguette slices, toast in oven until golden brown.
- Spread spicy mayonnaise sauce over bottom half of bread.
- Place lamb burger on top of spread, then layer with pickled carrots, jalapeños, and a handful of cilantro.