- 4 Tbsps Sugar
- 2 Tbsps Butter
- 3 tsps Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups hot water
- 2 Tbsps of rapid rise yeast
- 5 Cups flour
- Combine the ingredients and mix in a mixer or by hand until the dough is ready, but not less then 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some flour in a bowl, put the dough in it and let it rise for half an hour.
- Cut the dough in half, make two balls and put in a baking pan after sprinkling some flour in it.
- Make some nice small cuts on top (see image) and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Brush an egg and sprinkle some salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 400F.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Stir together the Cinnamon & Sugar in a small bowl, then sprinkle half of the mixture onto the baking sheet.
Cut up the apple slices as thin as possible.
Arrange the slices on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining mixture on top.
Bake in oven for about 2 hours.
homemade apple chips
- 12 chicken thighs without the bones (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (preferably low salt)
- 6 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 4 1/2 tsps water
- cooked rice
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour sauce into chicken crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours – chicken should be soft.
- Take out chicken and place on serving dish.
- Degrease fat from sauce with a flat spoon.
- Place sauce in another pot, and boil.
- Mix in cornstarch and water, stir until combined, and sauce is thick.
- Place chicken on top of rice and pour sauce over.
• 2 pounds Brussel Sprouts
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 5 minced cloves garlic
• 1 juiced and grated lemon
• 3 tbsp yellow cheese (preferably Gruyere cheese)
1. Cut off edges and remove outer layer of the brussle sprouts, then slice into halves.
2. Saute brussles for approx. 8 minutes. The outer side should turn yellowy gold, and the inner part, tender and cooked through.
3. After a few minutes, add garlic.
4. Lower the heat and mix in the lemon juice & zest, salt and pepper. Stir well.
5. Taste and add flavor if need be.
6. Transfer brussles to serving dish, sprinkle cheese on top and serve hot.
From What’s Gaby Cooking
- loaf of Italian Bread.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried Basil
Preheat oven to 400F.
Finely chop garlic.
Mix well Garlic, butter, parsley, salt and pepper and basil.
Make cuts in the bread. Stuff it with the mix, and cheeses.
Bake for 10 to 20 minutes covered with foil
From Thibeault’s Table
serves 2 (double ratio to make 4)
• 2 average sized chicken breasts
• 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded (you can use up to 6 oz)
• 1/2 cup of cooked spinach (or defrost frozen spinach)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme).
• 1/2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
• Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pound the chicken breast flat, but not too thin.
3. Throw in pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper into a medium sized bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix the Cajon spices with the breadcrumbs.
5. Provide a serving of about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast.
6. Make rolls of each chicken breast firm and tie the rolled chicken with string or hold together with plenty of toothpicks.
7. Spread olive oil onto each chicken.
8. Add the Cajon seasoning on top.
9. Place a sheet of foil onto a tray and the lay chicken rolls with folded parts facing down onto the sheet.
10. Let the chicken cook through for 35 to 40 minutes.
11. Take out toothpicks or ties before serving.
12. Bon appetite!
Post thanks to Steven Goldstein – The Los Angles Painters http://www.thelosangelespainters.com/
- 1 small pack of ready made sugar cookie dough
- 4 cups of colorful fruit of your preference
- 1 8 ounces pack/bar of softened cream cheese
- 1 pack of cool whip
1. Roll sugar cookie dough into small balls just under an inch and place them in muffin trays, in cup shapes.
2. Cook sugar cookie cups in the oven at 350 degrees for approx 7 mins,
3. Whip cream cheese.
4. Add in cool whip until well integrated.
5. Transfer the whip in a plastic food storage bag, cut off the corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze out the cream onto the baked cookies.
6. Play around with the adding of fruits as you like.
For about 20 bites
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
Cool recipe from Smashed Peas and Carrots
As simple as it gets –
Mix all the ingredients together.
Refrigerate it for a while in order to make the mix firmer and easier to work with.
Make small balls, bite size, from the mix. Refrigerate.
Optional – Roll the balls in coconut, make it less sticky and adds a little twist too it.
Detailed directions with photos in the link below –