- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup shortening (room temp)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Course sugar for the top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, butter and shortening.
3. Add the eggs and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and salt until all combined and pour into butter/egg mixture.
5. Make rough balls, adding in a sprinkle of the course sugar
6. Put in the oven for 4 mins.
7. Carefully use an appropriate utensil to flatten cookies while in the oven.
8. Bake for 4 more mins.
9. Remove for cooling.
From Cody Kitchen Confections
- 6 ounces raspberry or grape flavor gelatin
- 100 plastic straws
- 1 empty, cleaned 1-quart milk or orange juice carton to hold straws
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 12-15 drops green food coloring waxed paper
- In a bowl, put the gelatins and pour boiling water.
- Mix the water and the gelatine until it’s perfectly even.
- Cool approx 20 mins, until tepid.
- Pull the straws to maximum length and place them upside down in the container.
- Cover them with a band to make sure they stay together.
- Mix the gelatin with cream and food coloring.
- Fill the straws.
- Cool approx 9 hrs until the gelatin is firm.
- Move the straws from the container and separate them.
- Put every 3 straws in hot water for 2 secs.
- Separate the worms from the straws with your hands.
- Put the worms on baking sheets and cool for 2 hrs.
Post thanks to Keith from The Red Deer Painters – http://www.thereddeerpainters.com