Smoky and Spicy Chipotle Quinoa
Recipe type: Sides
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ small onion, small diced
- 2 chipotles canned in adobo, seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika, plus more for garnish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the butter followed by the onion, chipotles, paprika, salt, and pepper and cook just until the onion begins to become tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Increase the heat to high. Add the quinoa, broth, salt and pepper, then bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the quinoa becomes tender, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the lid, fluff with a fork, sprinkle with cilantro and paprika, then serve.