Slow Simmered Barbeque Black Beans
Recipe type: Sides
- 4 slices bacon, cut into ¼-inch wide strips
- 1 large onion, small diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1½ tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 (15-ounce) cans black beans in their liquid
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Transfer half of the bacon to a 4-quart slow cooker along with the onion, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, vinegar, mustard, black beans, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Stir to combine, then cook on high for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with the remaining crispy bacon and serve.