Refreshing Basil Lemonade
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 8 cups filtered water, divided
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small bunch basil, leaves separated
- 4 cups ice
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 slices, then each slice cut in half crosswise
- Place the sugar and 2 cups of the water in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Heat the water, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer the sugar water to a 2-quart pitcher along with the remaining 6 cups of water, lemon juice, and basil leaves.
- Stir well to combine, then place the pitcher in the refrigerator for 1 hour to allow the basil to marinate in the lemonade.
- When ready to serve, place ½ cup of ice in 8 glasses and pour in the lemonade.
- Garnish each glass with a lemon slice, then serve.