Pasta with Avocados, Bacon and Parmesan
Recipe type: Pasta
- 8 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½-inch thick slices
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced crosswise
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water and the pot that was used to cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the the bacon in a cold pan, then place over medium heat.
- Cook until almost crisp, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon and garlic to the pot that was used to cook the pasta along with the avocados, parsley, lime zest and juice, Parmesan, the reserved pasta water, salt, and pepper.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and gently cook the pasta until all of the ingredients are warmed through, then serve.