Moist Lemon-Lime Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter, ½ cup sugar, 2 cups of flour, and a pinch of salt.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9×13-inch pan. Bake until it becomes lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together 1 teaspoon of lime zest, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, the lemon and lime juice, eggs, the remaining ¼ cup flour, the remaining 1½ cups sugar, and a pinch of salt just until combined.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the baked crust and return to the oven and bake until the middle is firm, about 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely, then sprinkle the top of the bars with the powdered sugar and the remaining 1 teaspoon of lime zest.
- Cut into 12 bars, then serve.