Creamy Fettuccine with White Beans and Basil
Recipe type: Pasta
- 10 ounces dried Fettuccine
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans such as Northern or Cannellini
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- small basil leaves for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Fettuccine according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, then drain.
- Place the pasta, pasta water, white beans, lemon zest, heavy cream, and Parmesan in the pot that was used to cook the pasta.
- Stir until the beans are warmed through and the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and fresh basil.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with fresh basil leves, then serve.