Creamy Apricot Rice Pudding
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for garnish
- 2 (2-inch long) pieces of orange rind
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 4 cups milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- Place the water and salt in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then add the 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, the orange rind pieces, and rice, then return to a boil.
- Cover the rice, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid from the rice and stir in the milk and sugar. Cook the rice, stirring occasionally until it begins to thicken. Stir in the vanilla and apricots.
- Sprinkle the rice with cinnamon, then serve warm or chilled.