Couscous with Toasted Almonds and Scallions
Recipe type: Sides
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 scallion, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ¾ cup couscous
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, chopped
- In a medium saucepan with a lid, heat oil over medium.
- Add white part of scallion; season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Add couscous, remove from heat, cover, and let stand for at least 5 minutes.
- Add pistachios and remaining scallion.
- Season with salt and pepper; fluff with a fork, and serve.