Chocolate Molten Middle Chocolate Cake Mugs
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Lightly butter 4 (8-ounce) oven-safe coffee mugs.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a medium microwave save bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, just until melted.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar. While whisking briskly, slowly pour the melted chocolate into the eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and salt and stir, once more, just until incorporated.
- Evenly divide the chocolate batter among the coffee mugs using a small scoop or spoon. Place the mugs on a baking pan and place in the oven.
- Bake just until the edges of the cake are cooked, but the middle is still liquid, about 8 minutes.
- Allow the cakes to cool for 5 minutes, then serve.