Sunday Morning Blueberry Bourbon French Toast
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 8 pieces Texas Toast or other thick-cut bread
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbs. butter
- Handful of blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together milk, eggs, bourbon, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a shallow dish or pie pan.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, melt ½ tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Working in batches of two pieces at a time, dip bread in egg mixture, lightly coating each side. Add to skillet, cook for 2 minutes, flip, cook for another 2 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes (6 minutes total). Repeat until all 8 pieces are cooked.
- Place 2 pieces of toast per plate. Top with maple syrup, sprinkled powder sugar, and a several blueberries.