Skirt Steak with Pomegranate Gastrique
Recipe type: Meat & Chicken
- 1 ¼ lb. skirt steak
- 1½ tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 tsp. brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle steak very generously with coarsely ground pepper and salt. Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak, cook to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to platter.
- Add pomegranate juice, golden brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar to skillet; boil until reduced to ¼ cup glaze, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Season glaze to taste with salt.
- Drizzle glaze generously around steak and serve.