Potato Wrapped Cod
Recipe type: Fish
- 6 4 oz. cod fillets
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Lay down a piece of parchment paper. Using a mandolin, cut potato into long, very thin strips. Cut 6 slices for each piece of fish, 24 in total.
- Place layers of potato on parchment paper so that each slightly overlaps the next until the layers equal the length of the fish.
- Pat the fish dry, and salt and pepper each side.
- Place fish on top of potato layers, fold over parchment so that the the potatoes envelop the fish and form a packet.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the potato wrapped fish in the skillet, two at a time. Cook until the potatoes turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Gently flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Repeat process until all of the potato wrapped filets are cooked.