Individual Pizzas with Mushrooms and Spinach
Recipe type: Pizza
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 pitas
- 4 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups firmly packed baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF.
- Brush half of the vegetable oil on one side of the pitas and set aside.
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil followed by the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and garlic, then stir until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the spinach mixture to a plate.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat. Place the pitas, oil side down, on a clean work surface and spread with an even amount of marinara sauce, followed by the Mozzarella, the spinach mixture, Parmesan, and finally the oregano.
- Carefully place the pitas on the hot baking sheet and cook until the cheese has melted and browned, about 7 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, then cut each pizza into 4 wedges and enjoy.