Individual Baked Spinach Gratins
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 (9-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed as dry as possible
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups grated Swiss cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly butter 4 small (6-ounce) souffle dishes and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spinach, milk, egg, 1 cup of the Swiss cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the 4 souffle dishes and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the remaining Swiss cheese.
- Bake the gratins in the oven until they begin to puff and the cheese has melted and browned, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve.