Ginger Mango Chutney
Recipe type: Sides
- 5 mangos, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, and add an inch or so of water to the bottom to prevent scorching.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir often, breaking up the mango chunks from time to time, until the chutney is thick and fairly homogeneous, with a just few intact mango chunks; about 40 minutes.
- Either refrigerate and keep for up to two weeks, or place into mason jars and use a canning method.