Curry Butternut Squash Coconut Soup
Recipe type: Soups
- 1 medium butternut squash, halved seeds removed
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Handful chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350°. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil on butternut squash and sprinkle with salt.
- Place cut side down on cookie sheet. Roast for 30 – 45 minutes (depending on size) or until tender. Remove from skin and cut into large cubes.
- Drizzle large, heavy bottomed pot with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add carrots and onion to pot with 1 teaspoon salt. Saute until tender.
- Add coconut milk and vegetable stock. Add curry powder, garam masala and cumin. Add roasted butternut squash.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer, while breaking up roasted butternut squash for 15 – 20 minutes, or fragrant. Blend in small batches until creamy.
- Garnish with chopped chives.