Chorizo Pepper Shrimp
Recipe type: Sea Food
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lg. onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pork chorizo sausage
- Juice of 2 limes
- Handful of cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium-high heat. Add onion, cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add garlic and peppers, cook for another 2 minutes. Add chorizo and stir into vegetable mixture. Cook for 4-6 minutes until the sausage cooks through and tightens up. Add shrimp and lime juice, stirring occasionally, cook for 3-4 minutes until shrimp turns pink and begins to curl.
- Serve over a bed of mashed potatoes, creamy polenta or grits. Garnish with lime wedges and a couple sprigs of cilantro.