Chipotle Apricot BBQ Chicken
Recipe type: BBQ
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup chopped peeled fresh apricots (about 5-8)
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chiles
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Combine apricots, ketchup, lemon juice, garlic, and adobo sauce in a small saucepan. Season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook for another 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
- Pour apricot mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place half the sauce in a medium bowl, add the chicken and coat with sauce. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Brush grill rack with oil. Grill chicken until browned and almost cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side. Brush on all sides with reserved sauce; grill until glazed and cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side. Serve with remaining sauce.