Caramelized Carrots and Onions with Whole Grain Mustard
Recipe type: Vegetable
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- ½ tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 7 medium carrots, cut 1-inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Add the onion wedges and carrots, then toss to combine.
- Spread the carrots and onions in and even layer and roast in the oven until tender, stirring halfway, about 35 minutes in total.
- Stir in the butter, then serve.