Broccoli Soup with Creamy Goat Cheese
Recipe type: Soups
- 1 large head of broccoli, roughly chopped into large chunks
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the broccoli, broth, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the broccoli becomes very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli out of the broth and into a blender along with half of the crumbled goat cheese. Save the cooking liquid.
- Add just enough of the cooking liquid to come halfway up the solids in the blender and blend until smooth. Continue adding cooking liquid, if needed, to achieve your desired soup consistency.
- Taste the soup and adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and serve.