Blueberry Lemon Parfait
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ pint blueberries
- ⅛ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. water
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of 1 lemons
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar, and water and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate.
- Set a fine mesh strainer over a heatproof bowl. In a medium saucepan whisk the eggs with the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the butter, one tablespoon at a time, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Take off of heat and immediately strain the lemon curd into the bowl. Cover with plastic warp and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners’ sugar and whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the whipped cream into the lemon curd.
- Place blueberry compote in the bottom of 4 parfait glasses. Top with the lemon cream, then cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 90 minutes.