Baked Parmesan Zucchini Coins
Recipe type: Appetiser
Serves: Large Bowl
- 3 large zucchinis, cut into rounds ¼ inch thick
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ cup bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- Arrange 3 shallow, wide bowls or pie plates in a row. In the first bowl, stir together flour, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper. In the second bowl, whisk together eggs, ½ tsp. salt, and ¼ tsp. pepper. In the third bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano, and ½ tsp. salt.
- Working in batches, first dip zucchini in flour mixture, then transfer to egg mixture and toss until coated. Finally, coat zucchini in breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange zucchini in a single layer on the baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes then using tongs, flip the coins over and cook for another 7 to 12 minutes more.