Spicy Beef Stir Fry with Broccoli and Orange
- 1 pound sirloin steak, trimmed and cut in thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 3½ cups medium broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 scallions, sliced on the diagonal
- salt to taste
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Season the beef strips with salt. Add the oil to the pan followed by the beef and cook until browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add the broccoli and carrots to the pan and cook until they begin to become tender, about 7 minutes more.
- Add the ginger, orange zest, juice, soy sauce, and red pepper then cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add the beef back to the pan and heat through.
- Sprinkle with the sliced scallions, then serve.