Pork Chops with Mustard-Lemon Sauce
Recipe type: Meat & Chicken
- 4 (6-ounce) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil followed by the pork chops and cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the middle, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pork chops to a plate and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Drain the fat from the pan that the pork chops were cooked in, then add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and mustard, whisking and scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes, then stir in ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan and lemon zest.
- Pour the sauce over the pork chops, sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and the parsley, then serve.