Pan-Seared Sirloin with Tomato-Olive Ragout
Recipe type: Meat & Chicken
- 4 (4-ounce) sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cups grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 clove garlic, sliced
- ⅓ cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon oil followed by the seasoned steaks and cook to your desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer the steaks to a plate and loosely tent with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan followed by the tomatoes, salt, and pepper, cooking until they blister and begin to break down, about 6 minutes.
- Add the oregano and garlic to the pan and cook until the garlic browns lightly and becomes aromatic.
- Add the olives and cook just until heated through, about 3 minutes more.
- Spoon the olive mixture over the steak and serve.