Honey Mustard Crusted Chicken Breast with Pecans
Recipe type: Meat & Chicken
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Cover a sheet pan with aluminum foil and lightly butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and butter. Brush the chicken breasts with the honey mixture then season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish such as a pie pan, combine the breadcrumbs, basil, thyme, oregano, pecans, salt, and pepper. Press the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then repeat on the other side.
- Place on the sheet pan and bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 25 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then serve with lemon wedges.