Fish Tacos – Striped Bass Tacos
Recipe type: Fish
- 1 lb. Striped Bass (or any white, flakey fish)
- ¼ head green cabbage
- 8 taco shells
- ½ cup non-fat yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 3 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, finely diced
- Handful of lime wedges for garnish
- Create marinade for fish: whisk together teriyaki sauce, vegetable oil, honey, and ginger in bowl. Add fish, cover and place in the refrigerator, and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place marinated fish on foil-lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 8-12 minutes depending on thickness of the fish.
- In a blender, combine yogurt, cilantro, and lime. Season with salt and pepper. Chop cabbage into small pieces, toss in a bowl with yogurt mixture.
- Use a fork to shred fish into small chunks. Place fish into the bottom of taco shell, then layer with cabbage, top off with a dollop of salsa, and garnish with lime wedges.