Bow Tie Pasta with Spinach, Peppers, and Sausage
Recipe type: Pasta
- 6 ounces dried bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces beef smoked sausage, sliced ½-inch thick on the diagonal
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, and sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 large leek, green ends removed, split, washed, and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bow tie pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. Reserve the pot used to cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil followed by the sausage and cook until browned and crispy, about 7 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the sausage to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper and leek and cook until the bell pepper just begins to become tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach then season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta to the pot that it was cooked in along with the sausage, spinach mixture, and Parmesan.
- Stir to combine, then serve.