Avocado Tacos with Black Bean-Corn Salsa
Recipe type: Sides
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- ½ red onion, small diced
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and small diced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, diced (seeds removed if you prefer a less spicy salsa)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3 large avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Salt to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, corn, onion, lime juice, cilantro, and salt. Set aside to marinate.
- Place a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Heat the tortillas, one at a time, on the skillet until soft and pliable, about 1 minute per side.
- Wrap in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- To serve, place and even amount of avocado in each tortilla and season lightly with salt. Spoon on the salsa, draining as you go, then serve.