- 1 loaf of bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 3 tsp onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 tsp parsley
- 12 oz cheese
- Melt the butter. Meanwhile, finely chop the onions garlic and parsley.
- Add those to a bowl with the oil and poppy seeds. Mix well.
- Make X shaped cuts in the loaf (see image).
- Fill the cuts with the mix. Then, stuff it with pieces of cheese.
- Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
- Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it’s all worth it. Yes.)
- Heat oven to 300F.
- Place on a baking pan and bake 10 min cover with foil and then 10 more minutes uncovered.