Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Yields 30-60 cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon espresso of instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (70% minimum), broken up
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, broken up
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt – leave to set.
- Whip eggs in an electric mixer.
- Add sugar, espresso, and vanilla beat with the eggs for 15 minutes on high speed, this will make it very thick.
- In the meantime, melt the butter using a double-cooker (or a steel bowl over a pot of simmering water).
- Add the 2 kinds of chocolates until all melted.
- Turn off the heat and mix, so the chocolate and butter are combined.
- Pour the choc mixture into the whipped mixture, and mix slightly so as not to ruin the texture and not to combine fully.
- Fold in the flour mixture and the chocolate chips.
- If it doesn’t seem thick enough, set it aside for about 5 mins.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out quantities of cookies onto baking sheet (you may need 2 sheets).
- Bake for 8 minutes, the cookies should be crispy from outside and juicy from inside.
- Leave on a metal tray or wrack to cool, this will make it easier to remove the baking sheets.