- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup shortening (room temp)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Course sugar for the top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, butter and shortening.
3. Add the eggs and almond extract.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, and baking powder and salt until all combined and pour into butter/egg mixture.
5. Make rough balls, adding in a sprinkle of the course sugar
6. Put in the oven for 4 mins.
7. Carefully use an appropriate utensil to flatten cookies while in the oven.
8. Bake for 4 more mins.
9. Remove for cooling.
From Cody Kitchen Confections