Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 12 chicken thighs without the bones (about 3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce (preferably low salt)
- 6 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 4 1/2 tsps water
- cooked rice
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour sauce into chicken crockpot.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours – chicken should be soft.
- Take out chicken and place on serving dish.
- Degrease fat from sauce with a flat spoon.
- Place sauce in another pot, and boil.
- Mix in cornstarch and water, stir until combined, and sauce is thick.
- Place chicken on top of rice and pour sauce over.